Who doesn’t love a warm slice of gooey, crumbly, explode-in-your-mouth apple pie? The apple pie crumble protein smoothie is made by using fresh apples while they’re radiantly ripe, paired with the powerhouse combo of protein powder, fiber powder, almond butter, and rolled oats, it immediately blends up into a pristinely balanced, nutrient-dense uber-smoothie.
The Apple Pie Crumble Protein Smoothie — Ingredients:
- 5 cups almond milk (or coconut almond milk)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder — or unflavored
- 1 tbsp. Metamucil Fiber Powder (unflavored) — not only boosts fiber content, but also helps create a better smoothie consistency.
- 1 apple, remove the core
- 1/2 banana
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. apple/pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 4 ice cubes
- *Optional — add 1/2 ts. xanthan gum to make it thicker.
We always recommend a high speed blender to make pro-status smoothies.
Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 smoothies
- (1)Throw everything in a blender.
- (2)If you’ve got a variable speed blender, start on low and work your way up slowly to top power.
- Nutrition Stats: 270 calories,16g protein, 7.5g fat, 30g carbs, 18g sugar, 6g fiber, 37% calcium, 32% vitamin E, 20% vitamin D
It’s dessert served in a tall glass (or mason jar), sans the gut-busting calorie, fat, or sugar count. All in, each serving rolls deep at 16g of protein — all for a svelte 270 calories. Pour it high, chug it down, and I guarantee that your mouth will be drooling for round 2. Whether you’re looking to re-up after an intense HIIT workout, want a quick flood of autumnal deliciousness, or need a creative way to burn through the 3874213341 apples you hauled in apple picking, it’s the perfect addition to any knockout smoothie collection.